Through this journey I know who is on our side, and there are times we will say what we want in a child and people's mouth drop and say WHY why would you want that. Sometimes I think man just having a child to love is all I want, I don't care if they are "Normal" as long as I can love them and can meet their needs thats all I want. You really know who is on your side.
Being an Early Child Educator I have been around kids with all area of needs and some people get scared if the child has a need but not me, God has gifted me with this love and power to work with children and those that have needs are even better for me. And with adoption we might have missed so many goals that parents love to watch, like rolling over, walking, talking..... So that is what brings Evan and I willing to take a child that may have autism or may have cerebral palsy. But we do live in a small town away from medical so we are looking at that all.
There is an adoption board that we can look at profiles of children and well there are 2 children aged 1 and 2, we have sent in a request for more information on them. We have found out a few stuff about them and even though I know they will not be joining our family, I pray someone will be taking them and giving them all the love they need. And maybe God has plans but only time will tell.
There is another song that really has been hitting me all week and some days I will sit and sing it all day and realize that we are not alone and yes God is on our side!
God is with us through this journey and he is not leaving us and he knows our needs and wants and yes the mountains may crumble through this journey but we shall see! God will be there each and every day for us!
On our side
Chris Tomlin
Chris Tomlin
Everyone around the world
Hear the joyful soundSee the heavens open up
Hear the music coming down
Nothing's gonna separate us from the Father's love
I can't help but celebrate
'Cause we're not alone
If God is on our side
Who can be against us?
If God is on our side
We won't be afraid
Though the mountains may fall
And the sky will crumble
There ain't nothin' gonna stand in our way
Come on down to the riverside
Wash it all away
Leave behind your troubled mind
For an uncloudy day
Nothing's gonna separate us from the Father's love
I can't help but celebrate
'Cause we're not alone
Amen! Hang in there...your time will come. God will knock your socks off with the children He has for you, and you will be a complete, necessary blessing in their lives.
ReplyDeleteGlad you and Evan are looking at "special" children to adopt. Special in a way that God made them different and unique. It takes special people with a great love to open their arms and hearts to raise these loving children. It takes special people to help raise these children up to all they can be and let them know they count and are " a child of the universe" and have a special place in this big wide world.
ReplyDeleteI have a Down Syndrome niece and she has been loved by us all since the day she came into this world. She is now 31 and still lives at home with her parents. They are very happy to have her with them.
I wish you and evan all the luck in the world in your dream to become parents. Blessings to you both.
Barbara Filipe