WOW May 26th was the last post crazy!!
Well on June 3rd we got to read all about an amazing little boy! His name is Sean and he is 2.5 years old. On June 18th Evan and I made the journey to meet his foster family and social worker and Guardianship worker.
Sean has fragile x and Autism and we had to decide if this is the child for us.
We prayed hard that God would show us that Sean was to be ours or wouldn't.
We got to the meeting and our social worker prepared us for the worst and said to be prepared that it would be the worst interview in our lives. I was so scared and ready to cry. But I remembered that God is bigger then the boogie man and he was watching over us okay maybe I made up a song and sang it in the car for awhile before we got there. Maybe the song went like this... God is bigger then the foster mom, hes bigger then the social and guardianship worker oh God is bigger then the ministry and he is watching out for you and me. I sang this song to Evan.
So we walked in and sat down, we met his social worker and guardianship worker and foster mom and its like we had known them forever. We chatted for a long time, we took a lunch break we came back and they did something they never do.. Something I prayed hard and long about.. Usually you get a proposal a few weeks after the interview to say that yes they do want you and if you want to say yes also... Well we got it right then and there!! AMAZING!! We knew right then this is our son! On our long drive home we saw not 1 but 5 rainbows!! Amazing God's promise to us!!
So anyways our sons name is Sean Karl Reker and we are so excited to bring Sean home.
We meet him on July 31st! And we bring him home September 25th!! We are so excited!!!
Ev's parents are coming out for 2 weeks in August and will get to meet Sean!
So if I am MIA this is why!!
No comments:
Post a Comment